Online Services


The City of Milton uses XPRESS BILL PAY for its’ online Utility Account access and payments.

Click here to access XPRESS BILL PAY web page

Xpress Bill Pay Instruction

You will need the following in order to register your utility account:

  • Check your bill for the LAST NAME on the account – If you are a tenant then it may be the owners last name – If you are an apartment then it may be the apartment name.  Example – Surprise Lake Village



Pay Your Tickets Online!
For your convenience Milton Municipal Court now offers the ability to make payments on-line!  The court clerk’s office will no longer accept payments by phone.

DO NOT use this method of payment if your account is in collections.

You will need your case number to make an online payment.  Enter your case number that begins with the alpha letter “C” , “I” or “XY” or numerical “9Y”.  For numbers that begin with C or I, do not enter the zeros between the alpha letter and the first number.    Example: I77777 or C88888.

To make a fine payment on your time-payment agreement or to submit full payment click the link below:

Milton Court Payments

Business Licenses

The City of Milton has partnered with the State of Washington, Department of Licensing to issue business licenses.  To apply for a City of Milton Business License, please visit the DOR website at

Home Occupations:
For businesses operating out of a residence who have customers coming to their business, a Home Occupation Permit is also required (MMC 17.08.380) in addition to the Business License.  To apply for a Home Occupation Permit, please review the Home Occupation Regulations and complete this APPLICATION  Return the completed application to the City of Milton Public Works Office along with the $300.00 Home Occupation Permit Fee.  Do not return it with your Business License Application.

If your business operates out of a residence, but you do not have customers coming to your business, a permit is not required.  Even though a permit is not required, the business is still required to conform to the requirements for a Home Occupation.  To document the understanding of the requirement for regulatory compliance absent a permit, please complete the Exemption Form and return to the City of Milton Public Works Office.