A message from WSDOT:
Construction of the SR 167 Completion Project is well underway and we are nearing an important milestone – installing the supporting beams of the new 70th Avenue East Bridge across I-5 in Fife. To safely lift and place these ten record-breaking, 220-foot-long bridge girders, we must close all lanes between 54th Avenue East in Fife and SR 18 in Federal Way. Girder-setting is scheduled overnight Friday, August 28 and overnight Saturday, August 29.
While weekend/overnight hours are the least traveled on I-5, we anticipate delays and backups of up to 2 miles during the following hours:
Friday, August 28 and Saturday August 29
- I-5 lane closures begin at 8 p.m. on Friday
- All lanes of I-5 will close at 11p.m. between 54th Avenue East in Fife and SR 18 in Federal Way
- Lanes start to reopen by 8 a.m. Saturday
- All lanes will reopen by noon Saturday
Saturday August 29 and Sunday August 30
- I-5 lane closures begin at 8 p.m. Saturday
- All lanes of I-5 will close at 11 p.m. between 54th Ave East in Fife and SR 18 in Federal Way
- Lanes start to reopen by 8 a.m. Sunday
- All lanes will reopen by noon Sunday
For full details, including detours, ramp closures and graphics, please visit WSDOT’s website.