Windows and Doors
CHOOSING ENERGY STAR QUALIFIED WINDOWS & DOORS
Windows & Doors are an important part of your home’s envelope. If you are replacing windows or exterior doors as part of a home improvement project, choose ENERGY STAR qualified models to save energy and money, increase the comfort of your home, and protect your valuable possessions from sun damage. Also look for ENERGY STAR qualified skylights.
Whether you live in a manufactured home or a site built home, you may qualify for a rebate by changing your existing windows to new energy efficient windows and exterior doors to new insulated door units. See the information below.
- Pre-existing windows must be single pane, single pane with storm windows or double pane with metal frames
- New windows must have a National Fenestration Rating Council (NFRC) rated U-value of 0.30 or lower or .22 or lower
- New sliding glass doors shall have a NFRC rated u-value of 0.35 or lower or 0.30 or lower.
- Existing exterior doors must be uninsulated or otherwise substandard (from a thermal perspective).
- Installation address
- Audit or field notes detailing pre and post conditions
- Vendor invoice
- Documentation of total square footage of windows replaced
- Documentation of U-value (NFRC sticker or other verification of U-value)
|New windows with a U-factor of .30 or less||$2 – $4 per Sq. Ft. *|
|New windows with a U-factor of .22 or less||$3 – $5 per Sq. Ft. *|
|New sliding glass door with a U-factor of .35 or less||$2 – $4 per Sq. Ft. *|
|New sliding glass door with a U-factor of .30 or less||$3 – $5 per Sq. Ft. *|
|Insulated exterior door||$40.00 each|
- * Depending on Single Pane / Double Pane/ U-Factor