Ductless Heat Pumps
The City of Milton is offering rebates for Ductless mini-split heating & cooling systems for City of Milton customers who meet the following criteria:
- Zonal electric resistance heating or Electric Forced Air Furnace must be permanently installed in the home and serve as the primary heating source.
- Preapproval of application is required.
- New construction homes and homes with a ducted heat pump system are not eligible.
- Homeowner must agree to sign a release authorizing The City of Milton to release billing and usage history.
- Heat Pump must be installed by a qualified contractor on the City’s Approved Contractor List.
- Permits are required on heat pump projects. Failure to obtain the proper permits may result in disqualification of your project from the conservation program, in addition to penalties imposed by the building department.
- Where practical, homes must be insulated to current standards to qualify for a rebate with heat pump installations.
- Only one heat pump installation per residence will qualify for a rebate under the program.
- Completed projects will be inspected by a City of Milton conservation inspector for final approval of rebate.
Documentation Required: The following documentation must be submitted to the City of Milton:
- Home Owner Installation Form
- Contractor Invoice (with all BPA required information)
|Ductless Heat Pump Measure||Reimbursement|
|Single Head DHP w/ Existing Electric Zonal Heat||$800 – $1,000 *|
|Multiple Head DHP w/ Electric forced air furnaces w/ or w/o Air Conditioning ***||$1,000 – $1,200 **|
- * Depending on Single Family or Manufactured
- ** Depending on single head ductless or multiple head ductless
- *** Manufactured homes do not qualify for multiple head DHP incentive