COVID-19 Emergency Policy and Procedures:
We recognize this is a stressful time for many and we are taking the following steps to help our residential and business customers who might be worried about paying their utility bills:
- We are temporarily suspending water and electric shutoffs for nonpayment.
- We are waiving late fees for utility bills for March-December.
- Utility Assistance Program Policy and Application
Our Mayor has authorized an Emergency Policy and Procedure for collecting utility bills during Covid-19. We will be working with our customers to establish payment plans. Please return our Utility Customer Payment Agreement or contact Utility Billing Customer Service via email or by calling 253-922-8733.
We urge customers to do their best to continue paying their bills. The additional steps taken above do not relieve customers from paying their bills, but allows for spreading out payments over a longer period of time. If you are in need of utilities assistance, the community organization United Way may be able to connect you with programs in this area to assist in bridging the financial gap. United Way may be reached by dialing the 2-1-1 Help Line.
The City of Milton provides electricity, water & stormwater systems to its residents and water service to parts of Edgewood and parts of unincorporated Pierce and King Counties.
Statements are typically mailed on the first business day after the 20th of the month. Payments are due on the 15th of the following month; if you do not pay by the 15th there will be a 5% penalty assessed to your account. There is no grace period for late penalties.
Methods to Pay Utility Bills
The City offers utility customers a variety of methods to pay Utility Bills.
– Online at www.xpressbillpay.com. Customer Service 800-766-2350
– Phone payments via Xpress Bill Pay can be made at 800-720-6847
– Drive through drop box located next to the flag and Voting Box
– Walk up drop box located outside the front door of City Hall Bldg D
– In person at City Hall Bldg D
– Phone Payments via City Employees at 253-922-8733 Option 1
There is no charge to use any of the above payment methods.
– Bank Bill Pay – recommend setting payment date 7-10 days prior to the due date to allow sufficient time for banks to issue and mail payment. Many times customers believe their bank bill pay will be electronically sent, only to find out it was mailed.
– Mail – For those using the United States Postal Service, we do advise that bills be postmarked 7-10 business days ahead of the due date. Mail is not sorted in Milton at the Post Office. It is sent to Olympia or Seattle for sorting and then returned back to the Milton Post Office for delivery.
– Payment methods accepted are VISA, MasterCard, Discover, and checks via the phone or in person and in the drop boxes. Cash is accepted in person only.
Utility related forms are located on our Forms and Documents Page.
Other Utility Contacts
Pierce County Sewer 253-798-4020
Puget Sound Energy 253-225-5773
Murrey’s/DM Disposal 253-414-0345
Tacoma Power 253-502-8600
Comcast/Xfinity 1-800-XFINITY 1-800-934-6489
Exede Satellite Internet 844-605-2426
Hughes Net Internet