Forms & Report Filing

Filing a Police Report

For most incidents that occur, a voluntary statement form is needed. Please fill out the Voluntary Statement form below and bring it into the police department.  We can provide you with a case number upon submission of the statement.  Currently this form cannot be submitted online.

File a report online

Voluntary Statement-Word Format

Voluntary Statement -PDF Format

Request Copy of Police Report

South Sound 911 processes all request for Police reports  – Link to South Sound 911 website

Vacation Checks

This form is to have a vacation check on your home when requested. Please complete the attached form and bring it in to the police department or fax it to 253-922-2706, C/O Police Clerk. Questions please call 253-922-8735.

Vacation Check Form

Concealed Pistol Licenses

The Milton Police Department is contracted with South Sound 911 to provide this service.
If you are interested in obtaining a Concealed Pistol License you must do so in person at:

South Sound 911
945 Tacoma Ave. S.
Tacoma, WA 98402
Click here for concealed pistol license information.

Pistol Transfer Applications (PTA’s)

Effective 5/1/16 The Milton Police Department will not process Pistol Transfer Applications.  Please contact South Sound 911 to process application.

South Sound 911 will not accept faxed applications.  Your options are:
1) Email your PTA (with or without a CPL) to
2)Mail to:  South Sound 911
Attn: Brady Desk
945 Tacoma Ave South
Tacoma, WA 98402
3)Drop off at Tacoma Office

Criminal Background Checks

Criminal history and background checks can be conducted using the Washington State Patrol WATCH System. This site will help you get a background check done for employment, rental agreements or other purposes.

Washington State Patrol Background Check

Accident/Collision Reports

File a Report

An individual can complete their own collision report if an officer does not investigate the collision at the scene. Please click on the link to retrieve the vehicle collision report form.

Washington State Patrol Collision Records and submitting your own collision form.  Click here.

Request a Report

Requests for Motor Vehicle Collision reports are done through the Washington State Patrol at the listed link below. To request a copy of a Milton Police Officer’s Collision Report, please click on the following link below.

Washington State Collision Records