Do I need a building permit?

Most construction, alteration, or repair work requires a permit. There are some exceptions, which you will find under the Exempted Work provision of the Building Code. For full details please visit our Building Division.

How do I sign up for notifications?

To be instantly notified of alerts and emergencies subscribe to Notify Me® or RSS by category.

How do I report a code violation?

The Code Compliance Team is responsible for maintaining community compliance within the City of Milton Municipal Code. To report a new compliance issue, please fill out the Code Compliance Reporting Form. This form can then by submitted by email to the Code Compliance Team or by mail or drop box at 1000 Laurel Street, Milton, WA 98354.

The Code Compliance Team email should only be used for reporting non-emergency issues. If you have an emergency, please call 9-1-1 immediately. 

How do I make a public comment?

Citizens are welcome to comment on items relating to any matter during Regular Council meetings, which are on the first and third Mondays of the month. Please visit the City Council page for details, policy and procedure.

How do I check a permit?

Welcome to Citizens Connect! Visit our online permit portal to search permits, schedule inspections, and track permits. Please set up your account in order to access the system and start utilizing this portal.