How do I get a lawyer/public defender?

The Washington State Bar Association can refer you to a lawyer who is experienced in the type of law you need. Additionally, the following agencies can assist with lawyer referral:

If you have been charged with a misdemeanor at Milton Municipal Court and cannot afford an attorney, you may request a Public Defender at your arraignment.

Show All Answers

1. What is a misdemeanor and a gross misdemeanor?
2. What should a person accused of a crime expect to happen?
3. What hearing will I have to attend?
4. How do I make sure I get notice of my hearing date?
5. What happens if I miss a court date?
6. What should I wear and how should I act in court?
7. How do I get a lawyer/public defender?