Public Works

Public Works Services

  • Electric Utility
  • Engineering
  • Facilities/Parks
  • Report a Spill or Water Pollution
  • Streets
  • Surface Water Utility and Stormwater
  • Water Utility
  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5

Power Outages & Major Water Leaks

In case of emergency power outages or major water leaks, call 253-922-8738 (press 2) during regular business hours (Monday through Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). During after hours, weekends, and holidays, call 253-287-4455.

Start or Change Utility Service

To set up a new water or electric utility account or make changes to an existing account, visit the utilities page.

Small Works Roster

The City of Milton maintains the Small Public Works Roster in the MRSC Rosters online database. Businesses interested in working on City projects using a roster contracting process, must register and select the City of Milton in your application.

If you have roster registration questions, please email MRSC Rosters or call them at 206-436-3798. For questions, regarding specific projects, please contact Ken Faucher at: 253-922-8738, ext. 3899.

Street Work Permit

It is unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to cut up or dig up, break, excavate or tunnel or in any way disturb or obstruct any street, alley, or any street pavement or improvement or other city-owned property in the city without first having obtained written permission as provided in the Municipal Code, Chapter 12.04.010. For more information, call the Public Works Department at 253-922-8738.

Download the street work permit and street work permit performance bond for more information.