Heat Pumps & Smart Thermostats

Heat PumpsHeat Pump outdoor

The City of Milton offers Heat Pump Upgrade and Heat Pump Conservation rebates for Single Family and Manufactured Homes with electric heat. Before beginning your project, please contact Conservation Coordinators at DKS for details and information on possible rebates you may be eligible for. Duct Sealing may be required, so check with your PTCS-certified contractor to schedule a duct test to determine if the duct sealing measure applies.

Selecting a Contractor - If you are in need of a contractor, you can search for one on the PTCS website. Whomever you choose must have a City of Milton Business License. In addition, a Mechanical Permit is required from the city and can be applied for at Milton City Hall, Building C. Search the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, and other social media sites for business ratings and feedback.

Other conservation measures are Commissioning of newly installed systems, Line voltage or Smart Thermostats, and Duct Sealing. See the application for reimbursement rates. There is up to $1,400 in reimbursements. Building permits are required on all mechanical projects.

Additional Documentation Requirements

  • Copy of one of the following:
    • Whole house heating and cooling calculation (ACAA Manual J) and balance-point worksheet
    • PTCS Heat Pump and Central Air Conditioner Sizing Calculator
  • Manufacturer’s heat pump start-up form
  • Proof that the required PTCS form(s), for the unit being claimed, has been accepted in the PTCS registry of certified units.
  • PTCS duct sealing form, showing before and after results (if duct sealing is required)
  • PTCS heat pump form
  • Vendor invoices

Smart Thermostats

In order to apply for the Smart Thermostat rebate, please fill out the Smart Thermostat form (PDF) and attach the receipt. Email the Conservation Coordinators at DKS.